The event is free, and appropriate for all ages. Come listen to talented local musicians perform their own compositions in a fast-paced showcase that is sure to entertain. The show starts at 7:00pm, rain-or-shine and ample seating and rain cover is provided. While you're there, stop by various food vendors and other attractions at the festival.
Want to perform? Great! The songwriter's open mic is open to any solo musician performing their own original songs. Here's what you need to know:
1. Advance registration is required. Signups will begin at 10am on the day of the show. You can either stop by Marich Music or call in to reserve a performance slot. The phone number is 607.936.6044.
2. No one will be turned away. Each registered performer will play in the order that they signed up. Everyone will get to perform one song. If we reach the end of the signup list before the curfew (9pm), we will do a second round in that same order for musicians that wish to participate. This rotation will continue until curfew time.
3. Bring your own instrument. Most performers use guitars or ukuleles, and some use keyboards. We will provide a DI box and cable to plug in your instrument and a vocal microphone. Guitars with pickups are HIGHLY ENCOURAGED, as it allows for better sound and quicker setup time between acts. If you would like to bring a keyboard, please arrive early and plan to have it ready before 6:45pm soundcheck.
4. Performance order will be announced at the show, so please pay attention to when you are performing. Get your instrument tuned BEFORE you go on stage. No one wants to watch and listen to you tune, and it cuts down on the time that another performer could have. Please help us keep the show running as smoothly as possible.
5. Since we will be in a public park, we ask that song lyrics that include profanity be either omitted or replaced with acceptable verbiage.