Now booking for Fridays and Saturdays through Labor Day weekend!
The Gaffer District has committed to bringing live music to the streets of Downtown Corning on Friday and Saturday nights during the street closure.
Here's what you need to know:
- Music is on Friday and Saturday nights, from 6:00pm to 9:00pm while Market street is closed to vehicle traffic.
- Musicians may play either the entire 3 hours with a short set break, or 90 minutes (either 6:00-7:30 or 7:30-9:00). For ease of scheduling, preference may be given to groups willing to play the entire time slot.
- There are music tents on each of the four blocks.
- Block 1: In front of Marich Music (62 E. Market Street) - Block 2: In front of Radio Station (21 E. Market Street) - Block 3: In front of AJ's Hair and Makeup (24 W. Market Street) - Block 4: In front of Market Street Brewing and Val Reep Fountain (63 W Market Street)
- Blocks 1 and 2 have power available with one outlet, and you will need to bring your own PA gear. Please bring a power strip if you need more than one outlet
- Blocks 3 and 4 do NOT have available power. A portable PA will be provided by the Gaffer District. These battery powered systems have only a 4 channel mixer. Remember, there are no other power sources available for pedals, keyboards, etc. on these blocks.
- Performances will be paid $50 per hour: either $75 for a 90 minute performance, or $150 for a three hour performance. Musicians will be paid one single check for each act.
Volume:Please remember you are there to support local businesses. Restaurant patrons need to be able to have a conversation while dining at their table. You must turn down your volume if you are asked to do so. The Gaffer District may shut down your performance if you are not able to comply.
Drums: Drum sets are allowed, but hand percussion is preferred. Remember, you will need to transport all your gear to and from your parking space. No vehicles will be allowed on Market Street. Drummers will be expected to play quietly, and may need to use brushes to keep the volume down. Drummers using a drum set must bring their own drum mat/carpet.
Gear: Please try to minimize the amount of cases and bags left in your area. All sidewalks must be kept clear at all times. All musicians and gear must fit under the provided tent space.
Tips: Musicians may place tip jars/ open cases in front of your performance space and may sell group/act related merchandise (CDs, shirts, stickers, etc.)
Weather: In the event of inclement weather, please use your best judgement. If you are unable to play due to weather, please contact us and we will try our best to reschedule your performance. If your performance is already underway and you have to finish early, you will still be compensated for the full amount for your performance. Please use your best judgement and protect your gear.